As a Senior/Regular Level Designer You Will
- Be part of the creative team designing, building and refining the games levels
- Work with the team to research, brainstorm, block out (create layout, set up narrative elements, objectives and encounters) and refine levels with gameplay in mind
- Co-drive level creation process
- Work closely and facilitate communication across other disciplines involved in level creation
- Provide and implement feedback
- Write clear and concise design documentation for use by the team
- Work, learn, grow and share knowledge with a team of experienced developers
To be successful you will have
- A genuine passion for video games, both playing and creating
- Knowledge about game and level design principles, systems and processes
- Proven experience withing games creation
- A portfolio demonstrating your level design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude being able to adapt and change focus as required
- The ability to write creative, clear and concise design documentation with software such as PowerPoint or Word
- Very good English (at least b2)
It would be great if you also had
- Experience with designing levels in Unreal Engine 4 or other modern game creation software
- Experience with Blueprint scripting or other modern scripting system
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote/Office/Mixed working models
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Home-office co-financing
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- 5 Learning Days a year
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- The Sumo Game Jam
- Mental health activities: Life Drawing & Yoga Classes
- PAG Plays initiative – we buy all games that you wanna play
- Career Development
…and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Apply for this role
Can’t wait to meet you!