As a Senior/Regular Engine Programmer You Will
- Design and implement engine features in C++ within UE4 based projects
- Collaborate with other internal departments (Art, Design, Audio, QA, etc…)
- Debug complex engine problems
- Profile and optimise game engine performance
- Improve and extend existing engine features as needed
- To provide support to gameplay and UI programmers
What We Need You To Have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Extensive experience working in an engine programming role on UE4 based projects in the game industry
- Heavy C++ programming skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- A good understanding of memory management, multi-threading and optimisation
- Strong maths skills
- Ability to learn, test, debug and extend existing engine code
- Experience developing on consoles, including detailed knowledge of current generation consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Very good English (at least b2)
We’d also ideally like you to have (although it’s not a deal breaker)
- Current or older graphics rendering technology experience (DirectX 9-12, OpenGL, Vulkan, etc…)
- Experience with the UE4 rendering pipeline
- Experience with a range of middleware
- Tools development experience in C# or scripting languages
- Client/server architecture experience
- Knowledge of the next generation consoles (PS5, Xbox Series S/X)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote/ Office /Mixed working models
- 5 Learning Days a year
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- Game & Book Libraries
- Career Development
…and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Apply for this role
Can’t wait to meet you!