As an AI Programmer you will help to create and maintain the best solutions for the AI systems. You will join an experienced group of talented developers who share a passion for creating quality games. Your skills and perspective will complement a team built on transparency, trust, and integrity; a team who are not afraid to challenge ourselves in the pursuit of excellence.
As a Senior/Regular AI Programmer You Will
- Plan, estimate and write high-quality performant AI code
- Work closely with Game and Level Designers, reviewing gameplay feature specifications and provide AI-specific insights where possible
- Prototype and implement impactful and intelligent NPC and Bot gameplay features and systems (path finding, movement, team logic, goal planning, memory, knowledge, crowds, targeting, etc.)
- Design, write and test efficient code that meets and exceeds internal quality criteria
- Contribute to regular code reviews, championing code quality and best practices
What We Need You To Have
- 3+ years games industry experience
- Excellent working knowledge of C++
- Experienced in developing advanced AI features and systems on at least one published title
- Experience with Behaviour Trees, Knowledge Representation, Pathing & Traversal Algorithms, Animation Blend Trees, etc.
- Understanding of what makes a game feel “smart”
- Strong 3D Math
- Be receptive to feedback, evolving Designs and iteration
- Very good English (at least b2)
You will also need to:
- Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Author technical designs
- Mentor less experienced programmers
- Have a deep interest in the field of game Artificial Intelligence
Nice to have:
- Console programming experience
- Unreal Engine experience
- Scripting experience (Lua, etc.)
What We Offer
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- 50% tax relief for creative work
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- …and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Apply for this role
Can’t wait to meet you!