As a Senior 3D Environment Artist @ PixelAnt Games you will:
- Build a complex game environment in Unreal Engine 5, according to artistic vision and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with representatives of the other departments to actively seek the highest possible image quality and technical solutions to deliver artistic vision and drive the visual fidelity of the game.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Level Design on specific biomes from conceptualization to finalization to jointly develop the final aesthetics of the environment.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques, current game development practices, and utilizing this effectively in game production.
What we need you to have:
- Experience in creating high-quality realistic video game assets – minimum completed 1 AA+ game title, completed AAA titles welcome.
- Excellent artistic skills – a sense of form, color, and composition. Ability to analyze the image and complex approach to achieve the highest quality of the built scene.
- Advanced 3D experience with digital art content creation tools (Any 3d package – Blender preferred, Zbrush, Photoshop, Adobe Substance package).
- Good knowledge of latest generation 3d asset creation techniques – the ability to create materials, work with shaders, and create tilting and trim textures.
- Strong understanding of modular workflows as it relates to architectural assembly and asset creation.
- Advanced hard surface modeling skills.
- Advanced knowledge of physically based material workflows and shaders.
- Very good English (at least b2).
- 2D experience, including designing and drawing is a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
You will also need to:
- Have high communication skills, willingness, and ability to cooperate with representatives of other departments to achieve the highest quality of the project and provide guidelines, best practices, and documentation for workflows.
- Have an excellent complex problem-solving skills across both artistic and technical disciplines.
- Have a good understanding of gameplay and level design.
- Be self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and passion for game development.
What We Offer:
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- 50% tax relief for creative work
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- …and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.