As a Network Multiplayer Programmer at PixelAnt Games your primary responsibility is to design and implement low level network systems and implement network game play, perhaps even on occasion enable network game play to be developed.
The role requires a strong communicator with a high level understanding towards game technology production. You must be adaptable with the flexibility to juggle multiple projects and streams of work that have common technologies.
As a Senior/Regular Network Multiplayer Programmer You Will
- Develop technical design specifications, implement and test plans
- Test, debug and take a lead on revising new or legacy engine network systems
- Play a role in the development of network systems appropriate to a given game
- Implement and support other network features as required by a given game’s target platform or platforms
- Complete profiling, performance-analysis, performance tuning
- Research state of the art techniques and contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game networking
- Work with Technology Programmers, Development Directors, QA Testers and game project production staff throughout various points of the game production lifecycle
What We Need You To Have
- Experience in C++
- Understanding of the client-server and P2P architectures
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Have personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
- Take direction and absorb feedback
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Show professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Be self motivated
- Very good English (at least b2)
Good to have:
- Experience with online services solutions (e.g., PlayFab, OpenMatch, Agones)
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Basic knowledge of Docker
- Basic knowledge of Linux
What We Offer
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- …and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.