As a Build Engineer You Will
- Maintaining the stability of the project builds across all target platforms and environments.
- Design and implementation of systems to automate building (compilation, linking, packaging, etc) testing, deployment and release/certification of a given title.
- Applying updates to Build Environments (OS, Application, IDE, etc.). Furthermore, you will coordinate with relevant Stakeholders to manage changes to Development, Test and Retail Environments.
- Be capable of quickly identifying the cause of any build disruptions, and for either resolving those problems directly or communicating with relevant stakeholders to help resolve those build issues.
- Be helped in this and report to the Lead Programmer on the Development Team.
What We Need You To Have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar CI/CD systems
- A strong understanding of SCCM tools (Perforce, git or Subversion) and workflows (branching, streams, integrations, etc.)
- A solid understanding of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience in a minimum of one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Experience working with Distributed Build Systems and Infrastructure (SN-DBS, Incredibuild, FASTBuild, etc.)
- Experience writing and maintaining automation scripts
- Knowledge of large-scale asset pipelines
- Experience in a range of programming languages (C#, C++, Java)
- Experience deploying to cloud compute and storage environments
- Game industry experience, and experience of console build tool chains
- Very good English (at least b2)
You will also need to:
- Be highly motivated to tune and optimise pipelines in order to improve team efficiency
- Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Author and present technical proposals for process improvements
- Mentor less experienced Build Engineers
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with VMWare or similar technologies
- Familiarity with application containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, etc
- Familiarity with Compile-time and Link-time optimisation strategies
- Familiarity with Crash/Incident Reporting Systems
- Familiarity with Log Aggregation
- Familiarity with Retail/Production Telemetry & Metrics
- Console testing experience
What We Offer
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- …and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.