The Assistant Financial Controller is a key role in PixelAnt Games, as part of its parent company Sumo Group (“Group”)’s finance team, responsible for all aspects of operational finance for Pixelant studios, including general ledger management and transaction processing, oversight of Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable, VAT, treasury processes, corporate tax filings, and balance sheet controls. Reporting into the Sumo Senior Financial Controller in the UK, the role will have a close relationship with the Pixelant senior management team and professional services advisors and be responsible for developing and delivering finance processes and controls across all PixelAnt Games studios.
PixelAnt Games is a dynamic, growing business, and as such the specific requirements of our team may change as the needs of the business change.
Our preference is that this role is performed on a hybrid basis, you will be expected to be in the studio in Wroclaw on a semi-regular basis.
Within This Role You Will
- Lead all operational finance processes for PixelAnt Games studios, ensuring Sumo Group finance processes and policies are implemented and applied consistently.
- Be the key finance contact for the PixelAnt Games leadership team, providing support for strategic growth projects and ensuring financial risk management and compliance.
- Be responsible for maintaining financial records and the general ledger for PixelAnt Games, managing the month-end cycle to Group reporting deadlines, posting journals, reviewing output, and completing balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Identify balance sheet risks and opportunities and report and escalate these where appropriate.
- Be the key point of contact for Group and Commercial finance teams ensuring all financial data accurately reflects the trading performance of PixelAnt Games.
- Be responsible for all treasury processes, including short-term cash forecasting.
- Oversee the accounts payable process, ensuring all supplier invoices are processed and paid on a timely basis. Prepare and/or authorise weekly payment runs.
- Be responsible for all local tax filings including corporation tax and VAT, ensuring tax books and records are fully reconciled to Sumo finance systems.
- Support all year-end tax filings alongside tax advisors, and provide information and analysis for year-end audits.
- Be the key point of contact for business stakeholders for operational finance queries including for AP, AR, expenses, and treasury, ensuring finance processes and controls are robustly applied whilst maintaining high levels of service delivery to the business.
- Drive positive change, identify and deliver operating efficiencies in the way we work through programme of continuous improvement using systems and automation.
- Support the integration of new studios and locations into the PixelAnt Games and Sumo Group finance operating structure.
- Support the Senior Financial Controller and Group FC with ad-hoc information and analysis as required.
What We Need You To Have
- A professional accountancy qualification, or for you to be qualified by experience.
- Experience with Polish tax and statutory reporting and filing requirements.
- Extensive experience working in a finance environment, ideally in an international group finance environment.
- Experience leading and working in effective teams.
- Strong presentation skills, both written and oral, and ability to flex style depending on the audience.
- The ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and broader business stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic, team-based ethos. Ability to break down silos and collaborate across multiple team members, teams, and parts of the Group.
- The ability to prioritise in a dynamic business, be well organized, and able to work autonomously and to strict deadlines.
- Show a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong desire to implement change and best practices, with the confidence to question processes and recommend improvements.
- Strong excel skills and the ability to analyse and manipulate data.
What We Offer
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- …and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let’s talk about ourselves quickly. We’re ambitious game entushiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is “We never lie”, so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.